Latest Immigration News:
On 2nd September a new list called The Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) was introduced. This list consists of 17 occupations that are expected to fill the critical skills needs that support Australia’s economic recovery from COVID-19. It is focused on health care, construction and IT sectors. Existing skilled migration occupation lists will remain active and visas will still be processed, but Employer sponsored nomination and visa applications with an occupation on the PMSOL will be given priority processing. The list is temporary and priority occupations may change as Australia recovers from the pandemic.
The 17 occupations (ANZSCO code) are:
• Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
• Construction Project Manager (133111)
• Mechanical Engineer (233512)
• General Practitioner (253111)
• Resident Medical Officer (253112)
• Psychiatrist (253411)
• Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
• Midwife (254111)
• Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
• Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
• Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
• Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
• Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
• Registered Nurses nec (254499)
• Developer Programmer (261312)
• Software Engineer (261313)
• Maintenance Planner (312911)
Main Points to Note:
1. Currently, Temporary visa holders who are offshore are having difficulty getting ‘Travel Exemption’ to come to Australia. However, if you are granted a visa through sponsorship by an Australia business in a PMSOL occupation, you can easily request an exemption from Australia’s travel restrictions. Please note, you will still be subject to a strict 14 days quarantine on arrival at your own expense.
2. In addition to the current requirements of two national advertisements, employers must also advertise their vacancy on the Government’s jobactive website.
3. The list of occupation in the PMSOL applies to these employer sponsored visa subclasses:
• Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482)
• Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494)
• Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa (subclass 186)
• Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa (subclass 187)
For more information please "Contact us".
Author: Shraddha Bista
Published Date: 05/09/2020